02 September 2011

The Soup with No Name "and a hat"

     When I was in New York City visiting my sister, we had lunch at an Italian restaurant, before going to see Wonderland on Broadway.  I ordered soup and it was great, and I thought I would try making it myself.

     I do not know what the soup was called so this was just an experiment.


Sea Salt


Olive Oil


Lasagna Noodles


Tomato Sauce


Italian Sausage


Peas


Carrots


Onion


Chicken Bouillon Cube


Yeast

Flour

Sugar

Salt



     First add:  Olive OilSea Salt, and water to a pot on high heat.  Once it has boiled, break 4 Lasagna Noodles into pieces.  Wait for the noodles to cook about 2/3 normal cook time, and remove 1/2 the water, add 1 cup of Tomato Sauce, 1/2 cup of Italian Sausage, and 1 Chicken Bouillon Cube.  In the best of times I would have used Chicken stock from the beginning.  Mix periodically.  Chop:  2  Carrots, 1 Onion and add them to the soup with a 1/2 cup of Peas.  This is the soup, "The Soup with No Name," the soup in the second photo, and it is good.  But I add more, it needed a hat.


     The hat is just my pizza dough.  1.5 Cups of Water in a mixer with 1 tablespoon of Yeast. Wait for the yeast to dissolve. Now add 1 teaspoon of Salt, 1 of Sugar, and 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.  Last is the 3 Cups of Flour. Then just turn the mixer on.  "I did not add Garlic, but it's not a bad idea."  You will have a lot of dough!  Flatten the dough and put it over a bakeable bowl with the soup, add Mozzarella to the top.  Bake at 475 F for 10 to 15 minutes.


 Allow to cool, it will be HOT!

1 comment:

  1. The soup you had was pasta fagoili, but yours sounds even better!

    ReplyDelete